ROOF WATER-FARM shows Read more [...]
Place Category: Research Organisation
- More Info
- Related Listing
- Fish Production Type
- Plant Production Type
The PCG (Provincial Center for Vegetable East Vlaanderen) is active in the field of public and private research and education, in open or closed knowledge system as the client prefers. Their activities take place in cooperation with the government, private companies and other research centers at home and abroad.
PCG is a practice centre for “research and education in the vegetable”. The PCG activities are grouped into 4 knowledge units:
- outdoor Vegetable
- Vegetable crops under shelter
- Taste and consumer research
Additionally PCG also provides services such as information about water management Businesses Water Portal , an East Flemish info counter with PCG as coordinator, soil analysis and fertilization advice and operation of CVBB where PCG is coordinator for East Flanders. The Department of flavor – and consumer research – PCG specialized in the sensory analysis of fruit and vegetables , the quality of fruits and vegetables measured by the human senses. In addition, the PCG conducts qualitative and quantitative consumer research through focus groups and surveys .
The Aquaponics Setup – PCG’s System consists of:
- 9 fish tanks in an isolated area outside the conservatory;
- 9 drum filters for automatic mechanical water treatment;
- 9 bio filters for biological water treatment;
- 9 catch basin for nutrient-rich process water.
Water technical area
- Fertilizer unit with three selections A and B basins, acid base and dietary element basin;
- 9 daily stocks;
- Chlorine dioxide dosage installation for water sanitation based on online measurement.
- 9 hanging gutters for substrate cultivation of tomatoes under glass;
- 9 drip systems controlled by the climate computer;
- 9 catch basins for drainage water.
Address: Karreweg 6
BelgiumScale: MicrosystemFish Production Type: other
Fish Production Type: other
Plant Production Type: tomato